Saturday, August 7, 2010

Last Season On RAB-PIA...

I kicked off RAB-PIA with a reading list of consisting of my then copy of A Death in the Family by James Agee that I was reading at the time plus six other books that were waiting to be read. I would post periodic progress reports on whatever book I was on until I finished it. If I was involved in a read-a-thon, I'd mention that too.

Because of the weather at the time, I wasn't able to do any releases until the thirteenth, at which time release three. I usually released at either a park near my house or the local Memorial Auditorium.

My reading list would change whenever I released books or got new ones. Most of the books I had on my list were ones I bought from a thrift store. though there were a couple of exceptions There was one book though, called The Accidental Vampire that I got from redeeming some points in a survey site I was registered with. I got another one, Push Comes To Shove, in the mail all the way from Scotland.

In May, I went out of town for family reasons and took my then TBR pile with me. After I finished a book, I would release it at my earliest available opportunity.

The last book I had read in season one was Barefoot. The season ended when I ran out of books to read and release and was in no position to access any more...

No comments:

Post a Comment