Thursday, October 21, 2010

Coming Next Week: RAB-PIA Meets Saw

Next week, I will be doing a miniseries of posts here on RAB-PIA called "RAB-PIA Meets Saw".  I got this idea after having seen clips of Saw and related parodies on Youtube. (Judging by the clips, I don't think I could handle the actual Saw movies as they are gorier than to my taste.) The posts will be in connection to the October-November read-a-thon which will start next Friday and end at midnight the following Thursday.

For those of you who have been following my blog may know, I've participated in Bookcrossing's read-a-thons since earlier this year. However, I never completed the 24 hours that was set as the goal. Part of it had to do with other things I needed to do, but mostly it was because I was overly distracted with something else.

To make things interesting this time, I'm going to pretend that I wake up locked into a book-filled room with 24 locks on the door.  For every hour of reading that I complete (at once or in an accumulation of minutes), a lock will become undone. If I fail to undo all said locks before the clock strikes midnight on the final night of the read-a-thon, a red gas, representing my failure, will be set off from the locks, knocking me out for good, and it'll be game over.

Live or die (not in real life mind you), I must make my choice. Will I make the right one? (And by the way, when I do the posts, I will be known as ModMouse as that is my bookcrossing name.) Tune in October 29-November 5 to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment