Saturday, February 20, 2010

First Sentence On The Last Chapter I Read

Okay, so once in a while, Bookcrossing will have a thread in their "Book Talk"  forum asking for the first sentence of the first book one is reading at the time. One such example can be found here.

I've noticed that, as of late, I haven't had much to say beyond how far along I am on a book, so I'm going to shake things up a bit and give the first sentence of whatever chapter or chapters I've read that day.

For instance, today I read chapter three in Tender Savage. Here's the first sentence:

"Gunter had dropped his sack of wood scraps and bolted before she could reach him and Erica can do no more than pray he had been so mortified by what he had seen he would not rush straight home to tell his mother."

Erica, by the way is the main female in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment